Thursday, October 13, 2005

David Tolcher

Yesterday a friend phoned to say that David had suffered a major heart-attack and is in Arrowe Park Hospital in intensive care. Apparantly, the prognosis is 50-50.

David is a husband to Angela, a father to Becky and Heather, a life-long Tranmere Rovers fan, an amateur thespian, a legal-adviser to a teacher's union, my Best Man at my wedding and my best friend of 35 years.

I'm feeling crushed, all the more so as I can't get to see him until Sunday. While trying to maintain a normal persona at work, I am scared, angry and totally frustrated with my feeling of helplessness. My thoughts are with everyone, and I pray they will be OK.

4 comments:

jane said...

Mark,
I'm really sorry that your friend is sick. Not being able to see him is kinda like having to hold your breath for a few days.
I hope he gets better & soon. I'll be keeping you & he in my thoughts.

Mark said...

Thanks Jane.

sandegaye said...

Sending healing thoughts & prayers to your friend..

Jay said...

Sorry for your friend. I hope he recovers and that your visit with him Sunday helps you recover as well.