- It wouldn't be anything to do with the fact that New Orleans is a Democratic stronghold - or was?
- It couldn't be anything to do with the fact that there might not be any reasonably good looking black people he can impose a hug to?
- It wouldn't be anything to do with pictures of Bush with an entire city lost on his watch?
- It couldn't be because he is frightened of being pictured with bodies floating down main street in the background?
- It couldn't be because he is worried about people being less than appreciative at his efforts?
Thank God he's got Clinton and his Daddy to hold his hand! Thank God, that one man stayed at his post and did his job. Well done Dick Cheney - it was vital that he got all the contracts for his company set up and signed as soon as possible so that he and his friends could make some money out of this. Let's face it, some good has to come from all this.
I suppose the other good thing for Bush and Republicans is that if they can keep the reconstruction going for another couple of years, and dilute the evil Democratic voting people among good, honest, God-fearing Republicans, then that's one less Democratic enclave they have to worry about. Mind you, maybe some of those Republicans who come into contact with these people, might just realise the buffoon they have voted into office, and vote the other way.