Saturday, August 20, 2005

It's Saturday

Today, the sun is shining brightly, the temperature is comfortably warm, families are out and about enjoying themselves - and I'm stuck in work!!

Ah well! A couple of more hours, and I'll be finished and more-over, able to start my holiday. Should be a nice quiet evening as the children are still over with my parents - Bethen is using up her free texts on her new phone texting Christine's parents who are on the Isle of Man celebrating their 50th anniversary. Hopefully the weather will be kind and Terry and Barbara have a good time. I've got the pictures from their celebrations last week, and I will be loading them up into Flickr tomorrow.

My holiday? No plans as yet, but with Christine working, we can't really go anywhere - can't afford it after the work we've had done on the house! However, we'll see if we can get a few days out and about. Not been cycling for a while, so that will certainly be an option. The blackberries and Elderberries are now ripening, and the best ones are along the canal - no pollution! Jayne and I brought back loads last year, Apple and Blackberry pie or crumble with custard, I can taste it now.

Anyway, for the next 2 weeks, the "real" world can take a back seat. I'll try to keep this up-to-date, but I can't promise. One joy/stress time to look forward to is the next Test match against Australia - and I'll keep my regular readers up-to-date from my perspective.

No comments: